Tuesday, January 1, 2013

'12 Faves

I wanted to do this before it became 2013, but got a little too busy. Here is a list of some of my favorite things from the past year.

12. KitchenAid Mixer
A gift from my mother-in-law that makes baking so much easier! I'm still not a huge fan of baking, but with this bad boy maybe I can become one.

11. Crazy Days and Nights
I'm addicted to celebrity gossip, and this blog has all the juciest stories! Best of all, on January 1 and July 1 the blogger reveals who the "blind" or secret stories were about.


10.  Adobe Photoshop Elements
The full version of Photoshop was more than I could afford and Elements did everything I needed it to do. Thanks to this program, I was able to design everything for the wedding, and do our Christmas cards, and my new planner.


9. The UPS Store
I go to the one by my house to print things in color. They printed all our stuff for the wedding and various things we've had at parties over the last year. They are cheaper than Kinko's and very friendly. And, their color printer is a laser-printer so everything comes out looking fantastic.

8. Parties!
In 2012 we had a painting party (thanks friends!), a couple of game nights, a Mad Men inspired birthday party, a father's day party, a 4th of July party, a simple little Halloween dinner party, a chili-themed birthday party, a Christmas cookie party, and a New Year's Eve party. Each one was a ton of fun!  


7. Michael's/Jo-Ann
I love these places. Before the wedding I probably went to one, the other or both at least once a week. I've even thought about getting a job there just so I'd have a legit reason to go everyday.


6. Disneyland
I have no words for how much I love Disneyland. I was fortunate to be able to go about every two months for all of 2012. It was the wonderful year of Disney.


5. Pinterest
I love getting ideas from Pinterest. Thanks to Pinterest, I've got some great new recipes, ideas for decorating my home, had some fabulous parties, got new little teacher tricks, know what to do with my hair other than ponytail, braid, or headband, and dress (slightly) more stylishly.


4. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
This was a fantastic mystery novel narrated by an 11 year old girl in 1950's England. Couldn't put it down.


3.  Nike Dri-fit running gear. 
Sure, there are other companies that make great running clothes, but the Nike Outlet is just a few minutes away, so Nike it is. These clothes make running as comfortable as running can be.


2. Erin Condren Wedding Planner
This was great to have on hand while planning the wedding. There were stickers of various wedding tasks that could go on the calendar, there were lined pages and blank pages to take notes/sketch ideas, there was a monthly checklist, and it was customized! Now that the wedding planning is done, I wanted to buy the regular planner, but then decided to just make own. More on that another day.


1. My wedding rings
Gosh they are so pretty! I love them. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment